Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Toast to R & R

I'm having a lazy Sunday at home. I found a wifi connection somewhere nearby that is password free so have been spending way too much time surfing the internet reading random sites and blogs which inspired me to post today. Imad took Younis for the afternoon to visit a cousin who recently had a baby and as Moroccan days go, who knows where else the day will take them. I keep trying to motivate myself to get out and go for a walk, but there is something so nice about being in a quiet home just twiddling around that I can't quite get up and go. Plus, it's another crazy weather day with winds, rainstorms then sunny moments that tease you into thinking you'll stay dry, but I don't trust it.

Even though it's probably about 60 degrees outside, it is cold as he** in our apartment. I took a hot shower and ate hot food and then saw steam from my breath for a good 20 minutes. I have finally acclimated and am steam free now.

I've decided while in Morocco not to drive. I will admit to being a passive Seattle driver that would very likely get eaten alive on the streets of Rabat. I miss driving and at times feel like I should take the plunge and give it a try, which I may someday although our current car being my father-in-law's is yet another deterrent. If anything happened to that car, I would never hear the end of it!

Morocco has les petits taxis which are a great way to get around town. Each city's taxis come in a different color. Rabat - Blue. Marrakech - Tan. Agadir - Orange, etc. etc. I love petits taxis, but on this lazy day am not even motivated to hop in one of those.... I crave time like this, but once I have it spend a chunk of it wondering what I should be doing to take utmost advantage of it. Such an American way to think.

Well, to anyone reading this random post, a toast to rest and relaxation. We all need it and for most of us it comes in short supply so take advantage of these moments when they come.




1 comment: