Friday, January 8, 2010

The Long Trek Home

Yesterday we drove 9 long hours back to Rabat, that's including several stops for a certain someone to run around a while. Younis did amazingly well all things considered. The weather was crazy coming home. Sun and intense rain showers that made for some of the most beautiful rainbows I've every seen. I contemplated the pot of gold theory and why a rainbow starts and ends where it does. We returned to rainstorms and wind in Rabat. It feels cold.


We had a lovely time in Agadir. Rabat is feeling more like home now, but I'm realizing that our apartment just will never have that really homey feeling and we're not here long enough to make it feel homier. There was something about coming "home" though that made me homesick for my real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment