Thursday, January 21, 2010

Going on a Trip

I'm leaving tomorrow for a solo trip to Madrid to visit a college friend and get some rest from my usual routine. This is my birthday present to myself. I know I'm going to miss my family, but I think it's important for us all to take time for ourselves in whatever way feels right. Younis is constantly asking when Imad or I am gone, even for just a few minutes, "where baba go?" or "where mama go?" so I'm sure Imad will have to listen to that a lot for the next few days. Whenever we go on a trip, we have a little song, "we're going on a trip, we're going on a trip, we're going on a trip trip trip trip trip." I'm sure I'll be humming it to myself on the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Will you be able to blog from Spain? (selfish question, I know...)

    ReplyDelete